A primary function of the National Institute of Labor Relations Research is providing publically available research in the form of Research Papers, Fact Sheets, and Issue Briefs. NILRR tries to provide individualized research assistance regarding compulsory unionism as requests are received. The best method to make a research assistance request is through NILLR’s online Research Request form.
Easy Donation Link
- CNN TO PAY $76 MILLION IN BACKPAYSettlement is the largest monetary remedy in the history of the NLRB As part of a settlement signed today, CNN has agreed to pay $76 million in backpay, the largest monetary remedy in the history of the National Labor Relations Board. The backpay amount, larger than what the Agency collects on average in a typical […]
- Board Restores Longstanding Arbitral Deferral StandardsWashington DC – In a decision released today in United Parcel Service, Inc., 369 NLRB 1 (2019), the National Labor Relations Board returned to its traditional standard for post-arbitral deferral. The post-arbitral deferral standard is used by the Board to decide whether to defer to an arbitrator’s prior resolution of a grievance concerning an employee’s […]
- Board Restores Employers’ Right to Restrict Use of EmailWashington, DC – In a decision issued today, the National Labor Relations Board reestablished the right of an employer to restrict employee use of its email system if it does so on a nondiscriminatory basis. The case is Caesars Entertainment d/b/a/ Rio All-Suites Hotel and Casino, 368 NLRB No. 143.
- Board Approves Greater Confidentiality in Workplace InvestigationsWashington DC – In a decision issued today, the National Labor Relations Board held that work rules requiring confidentiality during the course of workplace investigations are presumptively lawful. The case, Apogee Retail LLC d/b/a Unique Thrift Store, 368 NLRB No. 144 (2019), overturns a 2015 decision— Banner Estrella Medical Center, 362 NLRB 1108 (2015), enf. […]
- NLRB Case 16-CA-144548NLRB Case 16-CA-144548 - ADT, LLC
- NLRB Case 10-CA-197586NLRB Case 10-CA-197586 - Sysco Columbia, LLC
- NLRB Case 25-CA-222876NLRB Case 25-CA-222876 - Southern Mechanic & Construction/Takco Construction/Smart Mechatronics Core/Koda LLC, as alter-egos,
- NLRB Case 12-CB-225882NLRB Case 12-CB-225882 - International Longshoremen's Association, Local 1402 AFL-CIO (Ceres Marine Terminals, Inc. & Logiste
- NLRB Case 14-CA-240972NLRB Case 14-CA-240972 - M&T Engineering and Construction LLC