A primary function of the National Institute of Labor Relations Research is providing publically available research in the form of Research Papers, Fact Sheets, and Issue Briefs. NILRR tries to provide individualized research assistance regarding compulsory unionism as requests are received. The best method to make a research assistance request is through NILLR’s online Research Request form.
Easy Donation Link
- NLRB Extends Time for Submitting Responses to Initial Comments on Proposed Rule Concerning StudentsWASHINGTON, DC, – In order to allow sufficient time for responses to the large number of initial comments received, the National Labor Relations Board (NLRB) has extended the time for submitting responses to initial comments on its proposed rule concerning the definition of “employee” under Section 2(3) of the National Labor Relations Act (NLRA). The […]
- CNN To Pay $76 Million In BackpaySettlement is the largest monetary remedy in the history of the NLRB As part of a settlement signed today, CNN has agreed to pay $76 million in backpay, the largest monetary remedy in the history of the National Labor Relations Board. The backpay amount, larger than what the Agency collects on average in a typical […]
- Board Restores Longstanding Arbitral Deferral StandardsWashington DC – In a decision released today in United Parcel Service, Inc., 369 NLRB 1 (2019), the National Labor Relations Board returned to its traditional standard for post-arbitral deferral. The post-arbitral deferral standard is used by the Board to decide whether to defer to an arbitrator’s prior resolution of a grievance concerning an employee’s […]
- Board Restores Employers’ Right to Restrict Use of EmailWashington, DC – In a decision issued today, the National Labor Relations Board reestablished the right of an employer to restrict employee use of its email system if it does so on a nondiscriminatory basis. The case is Caesars Entertainment d/b/a/ Rio All-Suites Hotel and Casino, 368 NLRB No. 143.
- NLRB Case 06-CA-202855NLRB Case 06-CA-202855 - CM Energy, GP and its subsidiaries CM Energy Holdings, LP, CM Energy Facilities, LP and CM Energy Op
- NLRB Case 28-CA-218622NLRB Case 28-CA-218622 - NP Palace LLC d/b/a Palace Station Hotel & Casino
- NLRB Case 20-WH-244080NLRB Case 20-WH-244080 - City of Arcata
- NLRB Case 20-CA-221482NLRB Case 20-CA-221482 - Safeway, Inc.
- NLRB Case 19-CA-242468NLRB Case 19-CA-242468 - SCL Health, St. James Medical Group, Rocky Mountain Clinic